Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Vienna, 5/20

May 20th, my second, wonderful day in Vienna. I woke up feeling wonderful , but when I got downstairs to breakfast, I made a mistake by having the eggs. I got food sickness and my stomach felt like it was getting murdered, but I still tried to suck it up and continue the day. The day started off with a walking tour. I am so amazed that every building resembles a palace,Vienna's architecture  is a true resemblance  of royalty. After about an hour into the tour, I could not even stand because my stomach was in so much pain, so unfortunately, I  had to go back to the hotel to rest. After drinking some tea and taking a nap, I woke up feeling a little bit better. I did not want to waste my last day in Vienna so I went to explore despite how I was feeling. I found a local farmers market about a mile from the hotel. There were over 100 vendors of food shops, souvenir shops, clothing shops, jewelry stands, and hand crafted items. I got a fresh squeezed juice of Pitaya and Elderberry. I think my body just needed some real nutrition because I felt so much better after drinking it. I also got a cool pair of comfortable pants with Ohm symbols and elephants, and an awesome pendant necklace from an Indian boutique. I can't wait to wear them on the train tomorrow!
    Tonight, we went to the opera. The building was amazing and the music was so soothing! I felt so much history lingering in the building's atmosphere. I wish we had better seats so that I could fully see the stage, but the music was enough to relax me before our long ten hour trip tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment