Monday, May 25, 2015

Berlin, day 3. 5/25


Sleeping in never felt so wonderful. Last night, I set my alarm for 9:15 AM to go bike riding, when my alarm went off, I immediately shut it off and went back to sleep. Carolina and Erica still went. God bless them. I deffinately needed this day to sleep in, I woke up a 11. My body needed that rest! I did not feel bad about sleeping in because the previous two days have been so eventful!! I have pretty much seen all the major spots that I wanted to see, so today, a few of us just explored the rest of Berlin. We started off the day with a sightseeing tourbus, it wasn't that interesting. The " tour part of it pretty much sucked, but it was nice to have had guaranteed transportation this whole day. We got on and off the bus as we pleased, and stopped at a bunch of old, historical government buildings and churches. It was absolutely beautiful! 
On Our last stop of the sightseeing your, we decided to go back to the east side galley to absorb all of the unseen graffiti that we didn't get a chance to see yesterday. I'm so glad we came back! We spent about an hour and a half back at the east side gallery; we took endless pictures in front of the bright colored murals,  sat by the river, and watched the various types of people wondering about the park. On the way back to the train station, we made sure we took our time walking back so that we would not miss any eye opening piece of art, because who knows when the next time we would be able to see it?
Dinner was amazing! We went to the Hopfbrahaus, I was amazed by how big the place was, and by how big the beers were! I'm so glad I got to experience it! I ordered the grilled turkey, and finally it to experience the Apfel Struddel. It was to die for! We were there for about two hours just relaxing and enjoying the atmosphere there! The next time I come back I Berlin, this will deffinately be one d the first places I will come back to. This resturaunt, and the kebap I had yesterday were probably my favorite food experiences that I've had while in Europe. I can't believe we are leaving In a little over a day! It's sad that this trip is almost coming to an end, but I am ready for Italy! I must come back to Berlin as so as possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment