Friday, May 22, 2015

On the way to Germany, 5/21

Waking up before 7 am is not my forte; but I woke up with a smile on my face because I knew that Germany was just around the corner. That changed pretty quickly once I bright my bag downstairs and the handle ripped off. Considering that my bag was well over 50 pounds, I was not thrilled about having to drag my bag by the tied up t-shirt I had strapped to the carry handle. However, I made it work. It could always be worse, at least my bag did not explode everywhere. The day got better once we got on the train and I was able to have a whole row of seats to myself, I slept the whole way! The ride to Nurmberg was quick and smooth! 
   Once we got to Nurmberg, I was looking forward to a relaxing hour before we got on the next train, but when we found out that the train was canceled due to a stoke, that all changed! At first, everybody was not sure what to do for 4 hours, but then we decided that we may as we'll make the best of the day, so we decided to explore Nurmberg. I am so glad that the train was canceled. In a way, I think it was meant to be! Instead of spending a whole day on a train, we were blessed and or to experience another part of Germany, spur of the moment! Luckily, the train station was located in the Main part of Nurmberg. I spent a few hours shopping at the market stands, and consumed as many free samples as humanly possible. I probably consumed enough carbs on this trip to last me for the next year. I also had a crepe, it was probably the bed crepe of my life. It was banana, Nutella, and strawberry; I wish I could have finished it but I physically could not fit any more food in my stomach. I'm so glad I got to experience Nurmberg for the brief time that I did. I think it was meant to be, because I also found a new luggage, and had enough time for me to transfer my things out of my old bag. 
   We had to take a train to Liepzig, I slept most of the way. Once we arrived, we took a 50 minute taxi ride to Dessau!adter a long ride, we are finally here! It was a long, exciting day- but I can not wait for Bauhaus and Berlin!
   
     

No comments:

Post a Comment