Friday, May 22, 2015

Dessau/ Bauhaus/Ghosts

   

What a strange, but interesting day. Dessau has defiantly striked some odd and eerie feelings today. It was so nice to sleep in today. When I sleep in at home, I can sleep in until 12; the last week I have been waking up around 8 am( some days even earlier), so being able to sleep past 9 was a blessing. 
   When I came downstairs for breakfast, I knew it was going to be an interesting day when I saw chopped up raw fish with the skin still on it. The rest of the breakfast was amazing, it was definitely the best breakfast by far. I had about 3 different plates, I made sure I had to experience everything that I will probably never have until I get back to the US, like watermelon, lox, and those little magnificent meatball bites that made me cry with happiness inside with every bite I took. 
   I very much enjoyed the Bauhaus, it was not what I expected though. I thought it was going to be more of an  art museum, so I Was surprised when the tour was more architectural  explanations of the building. I thought it was very interesting though , there was so much history there. What I really enjoyed was seeing in Marina Blanche's( I think that's how you spell her name) room;  With all of the contributions she made to the Bauhaus and the artistic world, like ashtrays, globes, and being the head of the metal shop, if was amazing to be standing in a room where so much significant creative processes took place; I was standing in a room of creative history.
   Dinner was nice, I was still full from lunch, but it was nice to be with everyone and celebrate Carolina and Erica's birthday. The walk home from dinner was when things started to get weird. As me, Santi, and Christa were walking back, we were talking about how we each felt a supernatural presence In the bathroom. Santi felt someone standing behind him, chemists had knots in her stomach, and i felt a strange presence from outside the window. As we continued walking back to the hotel, we walked passed a dark, gated, deserted alley way. When Santi and I both turned to look at the alley way, i immediately pulled him towards me because I saw a dark, crouched, hooded figure behind the gate. Santi saw the same exact thing, at the same time that I pulled him away. This was probably one of the strangest, supernatural that has ever happened to me. Dessau has some weird vibes. Such An incredible place of
History, this place was torn to the ground by a bomb, and it is for that reason why Dessau has left an incredibly weird, yet interesting impression on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment