Thursday, May 14, 2015

Basel,5/14

Basel... What a day! The day started off early, I woke up around 6:30 and and was  ready to start the day! The breakfast served was simple;bread and fruit, it was refreshing and energizing for the day ahead of me! The ride to Basel seemed so short because the scenery was enough to keep me entertained, the endless fields of bright green, breathtaking  landscape and the countless midieval architectural buildings manifested the true essence of Switzerland. Once we got to the Basel School of Art and Design, I was a bit confused, because it was not what I expected the building or "campus to look like at all,until we got inside. The inside of the building was very modern with an all-white theme. I was in awe when we saw  the independent work stations for the design students on the upper floor, each student had their own workspace and computer; unlike tampa where multiple students are crowded in one room. The lectures were absolutely amazing, I felt so honored to have been given lectures by two of the most important art and design professors In the whole world! The typography lecture astonished me! the work and dedication It takes to complete tasks and projects like the ones discussed by the professors gave me great inspiration and enhanced motivation of me to work hard for my goals, no matter how tedious or complex they may be! It was so surreal to be at one of the best design schools In the world. 
    I enjoyed walking around Basel, it seemed very touristy, but I have no shame! the town Hall was absolutely beautiful, it was probably one of my favorite buildings I have seen so far. We had lunch at a nice Italian place, and I ordered a pizza the size of my face. Pizza craving=fulfilled. Although I am wiped out, I sill want to go out and explore a little bit more tonight on the town before our next big day tomorrow !

No comments:

Post a Comment