Monday, May 25, 2015

Second day in Berlin. 5/24


Today  was probably my favorite day by far. I have really enjoyed all the walking tours so far, so I was so excited to see the streets of Berlin in its' true light! What made the tour even better was the tour guide! At first, when our group first approached the meeting place,I thought Fran's boyfriend was the tour guide. Then a typical California man shook Fran's hand and I knew it was going to be a fun tour. I can not get over how amazing the art scene In Berlin is. No matter what street you turn down, there is always some sort of lively portrait popping up, blessing the city with artistic wonder! This was so prevalent in the Raw Temple Area, where every single wall was tagged with beautiful portraits, cut outs, or paste ups. I have never seen anything like it in my life. This was probably my favorite area in Berlin that we have visited so far. I loved all the vegan and vegetarian resturaunts that were offered, and the " new home" resturaunt that only costs 1€ Made me fall in love with that district even more! 
This was probably my favorite tour by far. The tour Guide let us have a few breaks in between to go to the bathroom and get some water. On one of the breaks I bought a chicken kebap. This was probably one of the best things I've ever tasted in my life. I must get another before I leave! I also enjoyed the spur of the moment look inside the old gallery, where one of the rooms had a hundred different clay molds that looked like various clay versions of Squidward's nose. That museum was awesome!
After our tour ended, a few of us grabbed food at The raw temple area, looked around the vendor stands, and then went back to the hotel to take a quick nap. I wound up passing out for a solid hour and a half. At night, I went back to the Carnival de culture with a few people. I had so much fun again! We went a few hours earlier this time, so we got more of a chance  to walk around, take our time, and check out the music. I had a blast. I'm so glad we were able to be on Berlin during a time where events like this are going on. I must come back, I could deffinately see myself living here one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment