Monday, May 4, 2015

ART295H -The very first class 1/23

     For someone who has never been to Europe, when I attended the first seminar for the travel course, it felt entirely surreal. When we first started discussing each country and city that we were to visit,  I could not contain my excitement. I have visited Mexico for a week, and San Juan, Puerto Rico for a day ( on a cruise). However, the culture in Spanish speaking countries is far different than that in Europe. Additionally, not only will it be a new experience traveling to another country, but I will be going without a parent. Although I am used to traveling by myself for domestic flights, flying to Europe without a parent will be a new kind of experience and responsibility. From this trip, I hope to come back to the US with a new perspective. After experiencing the way other parts of the world live, absorbing new cultures and mannerisms, and seeing that not everybody lives the way that Americans do will give me an entirely new perspective on life. I have heard  comments made by experienced travelers, and the one unanimous comment  that is made is that experiencing life overseas has made that person appreciate their own life and to not take their health, wealth, or safety for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment