Tuesday, May 26, 2015

The last day! 5/26

     
Today was The last day of our trip, it feels like we have been here for so much longer! It feels like ages ago that I was sitting in the lobby of the Zurich hotel , talking about how much time we had; we had so much to look forward to.  We woke up early, it was time for the Bauhaus part two. I enjoyed our walk to the bus station, it was nice getting fresh air so early in the morning. 
Once we got to the Bauhaus, things started to get weird. Everybody seemed cranky, including the staff members. I was in a great mood, but I think that all of the students were just worn out, exhausted, and ready to go home. I did enjoy the time we spent at the Bauhaus, I found everything so interesting. I thought the tour was going to be a lot longer, but I'm glad we got to experience the practical workshop. It was a cool concept that the staff wanted us to experience a similar thinking process as some of the designers from the early Bauhaus years; it was a minimalistic and economical approach. It was supposed to be functional, cheap, and long lasting. I think mine pretty much fit all the criteria. I nailed it.  I had so much fun making the teapot and the teacup, it took me a little bit to get some ideas of how I was going to approach it, but once I had it, I was in the zone!
  After some allergic reaction issues with one of the students, a large portion of the group started getting even more cranky and impatient. That changed once we continued with the tour to the chocolate shop. I still can't believe we experienced one of the most famous chocolate shops in Germany. Yohannes Eaton did a fantastic job at designing it and I feel honored to have stepped foot in it! 
 After the chocolate shop, we went back to the hotel and I napped for an hour before dinner. I really needed it. Although I am excited for Italy, I am looking forward to going back to the US, where I will sleep for a consecutive 24 hours. It will be amazing- just as amazing as this journey that I have been on these last few weeks. I have learned so much about myself and the world, this trip has done amazing things for me. It has sparked my wanderlust.
  I will be returning to Europe very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment