Sunday, May 17, 2015

Linz, Austria-5/17

Switzerland was amazing , I will for sure miss it, but I will not miss the prices. I'm glad we had a few minutes to walk around the station before our train left. I I went into a little souvenir shop, I got my father a pack of Swiss pencils, for 29 franks. My wallet will not miss Switzerland.  We took a 10:40 train, and the second I stepped on the train I fell right to sleep. When I woke up, It was an amazing sight- fields of bright green, and forests with trees reaching 100 feet high. I did not mind the 7 hour train ride because the scenery was enough to keep me entertained! I wish the train could be my main form of travel no matter where i went.
   When we arrived in Linz, I could not believe how different the atmosphere was from Zurich. Linz is so much calmer, and it seems more sophisticated, maybe it's because the hotel in Linz is not in the red light district, haha.
   I recognize a lot of the city from pictures, because my group presentation was responsible for Linz and the Arz Electronica;it still feels so surreal that I am here! 
  Dinner was amazing! AND SO CHEAP! I had stuffed chicken with mozzarella, served with polanta and vegetables! Delicious! Tomorrow I am going to the botanical garden , and possibly a hike! I am way too excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment