Friday, May 1, 2015

Ars Electronica/Linz

     Although I am excited to visit and explore Germany and Switzerland, I can not deny that I am most excited to visit Linz, Austria. I have heard countless comments from numerous people on how beautiful and outstanding Linz is. Considering that Linz has been called the "European Capital of Culture" this makes me all the more thrilled. A vibrant culture scene is always more comforting and exciting  when visiting a new place because the authenticity of the society is so pure. What I find most interesting about Linz, is the way the architecture is composed. According to research, ( a lot of help from Wikipedia and Austria travel sites) I have found that a majority of the buildings are composed of a Midieval architecture style, something that Americans are not used to seeing on a daily basis. In addition to being absolutely ecstatic about absorbing the culture, I am also thrilled about visiting the Ars Electronica. What fascinates me the most about the Ars is how it is composed of 4 divisions, each of which are so so crucial and significant on completing the entire experience for observers/ visitors. I wish that our group would still be there for the annual festival that is held, but not being able to attend it this summer will give me all the more reason to come back to Linz so that I can attend it in the future! I know that Linz will be a great contributor to fulfilling my cultural experience while abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment