Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Vienna! 5/19

Vienna! It's finally come! But I can't forget about Ars Electronica. I had been waiting to visit this exhibition for months, although our last day in Linz was rainy, that did not take away from the joy I had during our remaining hours. The Ars was pretty much what I had expected it to be. I was hoping to see more  " space" from the Deep Space exhibition lab, but it was still amazing! The part about the expensive carpets was also intersting. I had some cool pictures as well! The brain lab(the downstairs part) was my favorite part of the exhibtion. The 3D printing machines and design software could keep me entertained for hours, and so did the sound lab! I felt like a little kid playin Guitar Hero when I tried out the drumset; nostalgic memories!
       we ended the day in Linz with a Chinese buffet... Delicious and filling, but if was time for Vienna! The ride here was short, but I was glad because I could not have been more eager to get here. After we got to the hotel, we did not waste anytime on exploring. We jumped right into the streets! I am so amazed how every building here resembles a palace with its' detailed and sophisticated architectural design. What a place of history and magnificence! I can feel it in the air. 
Upon our journey, we stumbled upon Eurovison, which is one of the largest and most popular events in Europe! It was a free Music viewing festival with live music, food, and a great atmosphere! It is almost like a ginormous  European American idol that is hosted in Vienna; there were live bands lesson up to the   actual competition (called song  Contest), which  was later screened on a large projector at the festival for all the viewers to see. It was so intersting to get a taste of Austrian pop culture!


No comments:

Post a Comment