Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Linz, Austria -5/18

     The second day in Linz was amazing and fully packed. My feet hate me, my bank account hates me, but it was all well worth it. It was money and time well spent! I woke up at 8:30, I was still very exhausted from the train ride the previous day, but I was still ready to conquer Linz! I knew it was going to be a good day when I went downstairs to breakfast and saw that there was more options besides croissants and apples. 
     We stared the day off with a tour from the cutest little woman named "Daisy" , she showed us all the historical architecture within the main city area. I couldn't believe how old some of the buildings are. It's amazing to see how detailed and remarkable these buildings are. The idea that these magnificent buildings could be made without bulldozers or any high technological construction equipment is astonishing. I very much enjoyed the last section where Mozart wrote one of his pieces. I never knew that Mozart had small pox on his face, or that he was just short of 5'2. How unfortunate.
   200 Euros later, I picked up some fantastic items to bring back to the states! I'm so glad I got to experience the shops of Linz, we spent hours in them! We visited a record store right near the town Square; I picked up a few albums, for myself, my father, and one of the friends. Vinyls are one of my weaknesses. I very much enjoyed visiting the shops, each one of them had a classic Austrian feel to it. I also found an exceptional stone, senses, and crystal shop where I picked up a marvelous blend of mineral- crystals. Okenite and Stilbite. How amazing!
   We then walked to the local market  center just 15 minutes from the hotel. Unfortunately, when we got there, most of the shops were closed, so to make up for it, we went to the botanical gardens. My feet and legs were on autopilot at this point, but I wanted to get the most I could out of my last day in Linz, so I kept going! The garden was one of the most beautiful walks/ gardens I have ever seen. Hundreds of different floral species ranges from all colors of the spectrum, rare, unique, historical trees, amazing sculpture work, and so much more! I am so glad I went and forces used to keep going through the day, no matter how tired I was.  I had been on my feet and walking from 9:15 AM, then returned to the hotel at 9:30 at night. What a day. It was a day well spent with good food, lovely shops, lovely scenery, and lovely people. 
    Tomorrow is the Ars electronia, I have been waiting so long for this! I can not wait; then it's time for Vienna! There is so much to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment